A towering sight in Morioka, Mt. Iwate is a gorgeous mountain up north, but a very difficult one to get to.
Budget: JPY2,320 (~USD22) from Morioka
- JPY1,160. Bus, Morioka Station to Trailhead - Matsumoto Onsen.
- JPY1,160. Bus, Matsumoto Onsen to Morioka Station.
Hike Date / Difficulty (Elevation: 2,038m / 6,686ft)
- Target Hike: 2020
- Difficulty: 5 out 5
- Route below is around 13.3kilometers, with an elevation change of ▲1,653m/ ▽1,653m
- Map Link
Based on this blog, April to November. I would say that this area gets a lot of snow, so I am personally leaning towards June to October.
- Hike with Hachimantai. The trail is actually linked with Hachimantai, so if you plan to do Hachimantai too then consider staying in the free mountain huts.
- Trailheads. Quite a lot of;
- Omisaka (御神坂駐車場). No public transportation as buses have been stopped since 2018/2019 it seems. google maps pin.
- Backtrail: ~ 13.3km, ▲1,653m/ ▽1,653m (6h40m)
- Umagaeshi (馬返し). No public transportation. google maps pin.
- Backtrail: ~ 10.9km, ▲1,472m/ ▽1,472m (8h06m)
- Yakehashiri (焼走り). No public transportation. google maps pin.
- Backtrail: ~ 14.3km, ▲1,661m/ ▽1,661m (7h37m)
- Uwabo (上坊登山口). No public transportation.
- Backtrail: ~ 11.3km, ▲1,502m/ ▽1,502m (7h17m)
- Amihari Onsen (網張温泉). Bus stop: 網張温泉.
- There should be a bus running, but based on this website, it is stopped on March 2019. As a new schedule is not posted, I am not sure if it is running. There is a shuttle for a hotel, see here.
- Nanataki (七滝登山口). Bus stop: 県民の森入口バス.
- Mountain huts. There's a LOT of free ones (no paid ones!) and very close to the summit. So just look at the map and enjoy!
- Start hike.
Post a Comment
Comments are like mail in my postbox. Such a nice surprise. ^__^