Just bored and wanted to drive north. The furthest place I could think of (that is within acceptable driving distance), was Fukushima. So off we go.
Gear: Normal dayhike gear (trekking shoes, water, rain gear) + One set of clothes
- JPY3,500. Friday.
- JPY5,600. Saturday. Mt. Higashi-Azuma and Mt. Adatara
- JPY-. Sunday, Mt Bandai
- JPY9,500. Car rental + gas + etc for the entire trip.
Friday, Drive to KoriyamaSaturday, Mt. Higashi-Azuma and Mt. Adatara
- JPY3,500. Hostel. JPY6,000/night in Dormy Inn Koriyama, split between 2 people.
- 07:00pm. Meet at Akihabara Station.
- 07:30pm. Drive to Koriyama Station. (3.5 hour drive, add 1-2 hours for traffic)
- JPY3,500. Hostel.
- JPY2,100. Mt. Adatara ropeway.
- 06:00am. Drive to Jododaira (1.5 hr drive from Koriyama Station, add one hour for breakfast and traffic)
- 08:30am. ETA: Jododaira. Hike Mt. Issaikyo / Mt. Higashi Azuma (<5hrs)
- 12:00pm. Back at Jododaira. Drive to Mt. Adatara Ropeway (50mins)
- 02:00pm. ETA: Adatara Ropeway (2.5hrs hike to the summit, round trip)
- 05:00pm. Back to ropeway.
- JPY-. No cost for the day.
- 06:00am. Drive to Happodai. (1.25 hr drive from Koriyama Station, add one hour for breakfast and traffic)
- 08:30am. Hike Mt. Bandai (<4 hours)
- 12:30pm. Back at Happodai. Drive back to Tokyo.
- 07:70pm. ETA: Tokyo. (4 hrs drive + 2 hrs traffic + 1 hr dinner