A man made winter wonderland in the middle of a forest at the foot of the mountain, Ashigakubo is an example of how tourism can put a rather sleepy town in the map.
Budget: JPY2,360 (~USD20)
- JPY400. Entrance fee (As of January 2022)
- JPY1,960. Train, Tokyo < > Ashigakubo Station (JPY980 one way)
- There is a limited express train that is about JPY900 more expensive one way.
- February 24, 2018, January 23, 2021
Usually January to February. There's no specific website, so suggest you google 芦ヶ久保氷柱.
- Very easy access, less than 5 minutes' walk from Ashigakubo Station.
- Definitely recommended to visit at night.
- If you hike, it can be a nice end of a Takegawa hike, as Ashigakubo Station is one of the trails.
- We made sure to get there close to sunset, so we can see it during the day and at night. Below is the picture collection.