Just one of the many, many... many variations of the hikes in Takao area.
Budget: JPY2,970 (~USD26) from Tokyo
- JPY2,260. Train, Tokyo < > Takao Station, JPY1,130 one way.
- JPY710. Bus, Takao Station to Jinba Kogenshita
Hike Date / Difficulty (Elevation: 731m / 2,398ft)
- Target: 2022
- Difficulty: 3 out of 5
- Route below is around 14.2kilometers, with an elevation change of ▲1,177m/ ▽1,327m (5h0m)
- Map Link
When to Go
Throughout the year.
- Weather forecast: English / Japanese.
- Jinbakougenshita Bus Station (陣馬高原下). Google maps pin.
- Train, Tokyo to Takao Station.
- Bus, Takao Station Jinbakougenshita Bus Station (陣馬高原下). Bus schedule here. JPY570, 35 minutes one way. Earliest bus leaves at 6:55am, last return bus is at 8:25pm.
- One bus every hour.
- Takao Station (高尾駅).
- Takaosanguchi Station (高尾山口駅).
- Sagamiko Station (相模湖駅). From Sagamiko Station, there's a bus to Sokozawa (底沢), google maps pin (google maps works!) that will save you about 1.8kms of walking. Only three buses a day, schedule here (08:39am, 11:45am, 4:08pm) .
- Mountain huts.
- Paid. None.
- Free. None.
- Camping. None.