One of the far, far off islands in Tokyo, these islands have kind of been a bucket list for me. Well, Aogashima mainly because it was supposedly the inspiration for the movie Kimi-no-nawa. But come on! Have you seen the picture of Aogashima??? Need I say more?
Budget: JPY21,980 (~USD209)
- JPY7,970, less 15% discount if booked 14 days prior. Ferry, Tokyo to Hachijio-jima
- JPY2,520. Ferry, Hachijo-jima to Aogashima
- JPY2,520. Ferry, Aogashima to Hachijo-jima
- JPY1,000. Bus Pass, Hachijo-jima
- JPY7,970, less 15% discount if booked 14 days prior. Ferry, Hachijiojima to Tokyo
- *JPY11,750 if flying from Aogashima to Hachijo-jima.
- Target: 2021
- Anytime during the year! It is apparently warm throughout the year, so for those who wish to escape the winter cold, then this is the right place.
- Hachijo-jima Freesia Flower festival - around end of March to early April.
- I don't want this post to be too heavy, so I'm splitting the logistical details of the islands to their own posts:
- 10:30pm. Ferry, Tokyo Port to Hachijiojima. JPY7,970, less 15% discount if booked 14 days prior.
- 08:55am. ETA: Hachijiojima. With an 8:55am arrival time, it's impossible to make it on time for the helicopter's last call of 8:50am.
- 09:30am. Ferry, Hachijiojima to Aogashima, JPY2,520 one way.
- 12:30pm. ETA: Aogashima. Walk to the camp area. Explore Aoshima.
- Spend the night.
- Explore Aogashima.
- 09:45am. If the weather is cooperating, try to book a flight back. Otherwise, take the ferry.
- 12:50pm. Ferry, Aogashima to Hachijojima
- 03:50pm. ETA: Hachijojima. Go to the camp area.
- Mt. Fuji hike + onsen
- 09:40am. Ferry, Hachijijima to Tokyo
- 07:50pm. ETA: Tokyo.